I didn’t think I’d be doing this, but I guess I’ll be doing more posts as more information in Comic-Con is revealed. I unfortunately will be working Saturday throughout Wednesday and won’t be able to comment then, but I may post my opinions once I get back. Depends on how motivated I am.
- Interview with Niitsuma Ryota, Producer of MvC3, was taken with destructoid.com, the article of which is here. Some key things were said, such as the reason UMvC3 was released as a disc rather than DLC is because of the Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan throwing off the development schedule. Honestly, I don’t think that’s a good excuse, if they needed more time to put the game out they could’ve more than likely keep quiet until Tokyo Game Show, or plain out just announce a different release date. I’d feel anxious waiting longer for it, but it’s better than making me feel like buying ONE game for $110 in the course of 9 months.
- Story Mode is different, just like SF4 to SSF4. Honestly, those shitty comic panel stories were a joke, so I’m indifferent towards this.
- Another interview with Niitsuma with Silicon Era has Niitsuma explaining why Megaman wasn’t included in Ultimate MvC3: Megaman didn’t enter the top ranking for fan requests to put him in…
…Which is where I call bullshit because, despite this poll a few months back not being officially endorsed by Capcom, Chris Svennson said that they were aware of the list. And if they were indeed aware, Megaman X was the most requested Capcom character, beating Phoenix Wright, Strider, Frank West, and Vergil, yet they all made it into the game. Unless Niitsuma was talking about Classic Megaman, his other statement should’ve been his only one, in which he talked about Firebrand being in didn’t have anything to do with fan requests moreso than having a creature-flying character in the game.
- Above is an interview with Seth Killian, Special Advisor for Capcom, with gamespot. Killian confirms that X-Factor’s damage has been reduced, though I till have yet to see a difference. What’s more important to me is that X-Factor is now normalized in the sense that everyone seems to have closer to an equal power + speed boost, so we don’t have stuff like Hulk having 200% damage increase whereas Chun-Li has 150% Damage and 150% Speed increase. With anything, I’ll need a more visual confirmation, and most likely will need to wait until the full version is out to really confirm.
- Seth overall seemed to be reluctant to reveal anything, saying that the game is still in development. Sure it is, but I would think that they would’ve had some more concrete answers, especially considering what Niitsuma was talking about. It seems they’re still deciding what bonus, if any bonus, people who own the original MvC3 will get. Better be good and not something like “Alternate Color 11 and 12″ from SSF4. That shit was stupid.
Seems to be all the news for today, will update if anyone like fLoE updates his twitter with changes again.